The girls of Hair Stiletto:)
by the way....check out the video I made to go with this blog, it's rough...bear with me! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16FnZvJc6Uk&feature=channel
First of all, let me just tell you…..I love me some long hair! When I was in college, on a whim, I got a pixie cut one day (never, never, oh please never ever…..cut your hair right after a breakup!) and I have never felt so blah and totally not sexy in my life. I felt like I was invisible once I no longer had my pretty, long hair, and realized that wearing hair in a ponytail, is actually quite different than having short hair. I felt like just staying in my house from 22 to 23….ughhhh, why go out? It took me a long time to grow my hair back out, and had I known about Hair Stiletto I could have saved myself soooooo much time. Hmmmm, hindsight really is 20/20 isn't it???!??
Okay, so you may or may not have seen my last blog about Hair Stiletto extensions, but I was more than thrilled with my extensions as soon as I got them, and I wanted to follow up with a more thorough account of my experience with them, as I have now been through the entire process….application……wearing them for ten weeks, removal, and getting another set put in. I have had so many different types ... braided, glue, on a weft with a strain adhesive which kept the extensions in place, and none of them looked (or felt) as natural as these. One of the biggest issues that I encountered with other brands was the quality. I actually have very nice hair (that's mine, all mine….haha) and all of the previous extension hair that I used felt over processed, dull, and extremely prone to tangling. It's really disappointing to pay a large sum of money to have put in that's very long, but which you spend 20 minutes a day trying to remove knots! When I went in to have Jana Rago put in my Hair Stiletto extensions, the hair was already out, and as I ran my hands over it, it was silky and smooth, just like my own hair. It's 100 percent human hair, origination in India, and processed in Italy. The bonds are 100 percent organic, and consist of Keratin and other naturally binding proteins.
I have long hair anyway, but I decided to get Hair Stiletto so that I could have that extra three or four inches of hair that my hair just never seems to grow, I've been trying to grow it for a few years, and for whatever reason, it just won't. Extensions can be good for so many reasons, some people just want them for a special occasion, like a wedding or graduation, or to add length and thickness. They are also a fantastic way to put in highlights without actually coloring your hair. By the way, for those of you who don't know, I'm a hair stylist myself (well colorist actually, and a very good one at that:) and I still go to Jana (who works in a different salon) to get my extensions, because I love how she does it, and I am very selective when it comes to doing anything to my hair. After all, my hair needs to look it's best so that my clients have confidence that I will make their hair it's very best. Since I started wearing the Hair Stiletto, my clients have been asking me if I still have extensions in, because the four colors which Jana so artfully chose for my hair, blend in imperceptibly.
I loved the Hair Stiletto so much as soon as Jana put them in for me, it was a fairly quick process, in which she attached tiny clusters of extensions to clusters of my own, natural hair. We sat and chatted, and Nikki Stalling (Who is the Hair Stiletto distributor) stopped in during the process, and of course I asked her if I could make a short video with my flip video so I could use it for my blog after. I love sharing all things which pertain to beauty, after all…..the more tricks the better right? After all the hair was in, Jana cut the extensions to match my own hair (using a razor) and left quite a bit of beautiful length. I seriously couldn't stop looking in the mirror and smiling after she put them in, I know….I know……but I just loved them! Over the next ten weeks, I got more compliments than I have ever had on my hair. I wore them for a photo shoot, wavy to the beach…..very versatile! I will say, that if you are going to get extensions, you need to treat them kindly! Gently brush and detangle them, keep slippery conditioners and products off the bonds so that they don't loosen and slide out, and sleep with hair in a loose braid or pony so that you don't pull the hair while you toss and turn. Take care of them……and they will last. That said, the day came where I needed a new set of Hair Stiletto….you just know when it's time for a new set, they last and last….then…back to the salon.
I was a little curious as to what to expect when I got out the extensions, but it was very easy. Jana only had to use remover on one, which is a mixture of Aloe, Alcohol, and water. She gently, and precisely clipped out the rest. After they were out I surveyed the condition of my own hair…minus extensions…….and it looked great, and healthy. No damage! I think that Jana's careful application, the quality of the hair, and the fact that I maintained my extensions very gently all were factors in this. She did a small trim of my hair, then we repeated the entire process with a new set. I was actually surprised how quickly the entire process went by, I guess the fact that Jana is so entertaining and fun to talk to makes a huge difference. I love Hair Stiletto because they give me the hair that I've always wanted….but never seemed to get. They are very natural, gentle, and look amazzzzzzing! All I can say is that I am officially a superfine, and I wanted to share this info with anyone who is thinking out getting extensions, as I feel like I wasted sooooo much money trying other brands. Well, I write this blog from my airplane seat on the way to Miami…I'm taking my Hair Stiletto out to party!
Stay gorgeous and healthy! xoxo
Megan


0 comments:
Post a Comment