Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Protecting your positive thoughts, and attitude....



My friend always makes me laugh hysterically.......enchante!!!!!!!!

When I walk into the gym in the morning, or shall I say breeze in......I'm usually very focused.  It's the first thing I do (after eating breakfast, walking the dogs, and writing my blog) and I don't do anything before my workout to compromise it....for example phone calls, emails, or making small talk in the locker room.  Usually I am very short on time, and I need to get my workout done to make sure that I can get the whole thing in......but I also try to avoid anyone, and anything who could possibly throw off my mood.  There are one or two women in my locker room who are very motivated like I am, and they are always great to say hello to, but there are quite a few, who are clearly mood downers, and every time I make the mistake of taking off my headphones, they complain about the weather, or that they are at the gym at all, or question me about "always being at the gym".  I'm actually at the gym for no more than an hour three times a week, so I'm not clear about where they get the always....but either way...I've learned to just keep my headphones in place, and to say hello in passing.  It's okay to protect your personal time and space, and to have a little bit of time all to yourself.  I need to be in a certain mood to have a great workout, and to be honest.....I don't particularly want to hear someone complain....so I don't!  There's plenty of time for that....after I train!

Stay healthy and gorgeous!

Megan

0 comments:

Post a Comment