Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Co pilot Megan.........

Can't take my smile away:)
Me in the co-pilot's seat......  haha, I'm not a master at the art of retouching.....I blurred out peeps on the right:)


I've been enjoying a bit of relaxation in Nantucket for the past for days, and even the experience of getting here was quite fun.  I flew in on Cape Air (which I love btw, the most friendly people work there....) and the airplane was a Cessna, which is so different than flying on a big plane.  My dad, and my brother Ian are both pilots, so when the woman at the ticket counter asked me if I would like to be in the co-pilot's seat (haha, and obviously I would pretend I was flying the plane......) I really couldn't contain my enthusiasm.

preparing for takeoff....

Ok, so most women might not get this excited to fly.....but when you grow up around pilots.....you do!!!

Love it!

In front of the Nantucket Airport, I think there were 3 other people there...a bit different than LAX.  Refreshing:)


The sounds, the flight everything reminded me of my brother Ian, one of the most passionate, and enthusiastic pilots I have ever known in my life.  Even if someone had told me that I had to stop smiling....I just couldn't.  Sailing through the air over my little city......and approaching the charming island of Nantucket was just too wonderful.......there's something to be said for finding the joy in everything....I'm so grateful to be happy for little things, as it makes it easy for me to have fun every day.

Stay gorgeous, and healthy......and I hope something makes you smile today....

Megan

2 comments:

DSS said...

What a neat experience Miss Co-Pilot :)

Beauty911 said...

Hi DSS, thank you:) I had so much fun, and now I'm going to take my first real flying lesson on Monday! I can't wait!!!

Post a Comment