Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Botox for your Butt!! My favorite exercises for a bikini ready booty!


Okay, so first of all.....just like my mom told me....a flat butt does not look good!  Hours on the treadmill, and grinding out mindless cardio will not give you a good rearview.  Some form of resistance training is always on my to do list for getting summer ready, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things to do here.

1.  Deadlifts- Old school exercise that works!

2.  Lunges- Easy to do anywhere, add a medicine ball to challenge yourself

3.  Hip bridges- Simple, but effective

4.  Squats- More women should do these, they'll thank me:)

5.  Sprints-  Check out a sprinters butt compared to a marathoner.....way better.  Keep these short and sweet, sprint 50 yards (oh, and do a real track start, no seriously!  I do this right in the city and it looks so funny, but oh it works).....then walk back.  Repeat ten times.  If you are able to run for 30-60 seconds you are not sprinting.  More is not better, give it 100 percent....then it's over...fast!

So these are my top five, when I consistently started incorporating these in my training a few years ago, I noticed a drastic improvement in my butt.  Women at my gym ask me what I do, and I tell them to step off the treadmill, and add these exercises!

I'll be adding some examples of variations of these exercises I like in the next few weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment