Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It could be worse.......

So here is something that I don't share all the time, and maybe it makes me less qualified on how to be healthy....or maybe it actually qualifies me more?  Every once in a while, when things are really tough in my life (yes, bad things happen to me too) I have a very strange relationship with food.  On the outside, you wouldn't know it looking at me, but I have been known to overeat, and I mean really overeat.....it  probably seems funny when I say that, because I'm so little etc, but trust me, it's not a funny habit.  There are times that I overeat because something is sooooo good (which I'm fine with) and other times where I overeat because I'm filling myself up after I have been on an emotional roller coaster.  I did this once this week, and almost did it again........I had the cupcakes in my grocery bag, and I was almost home (it was an awful lot of cupcakes btw) and I threw them away......I was so close to my house, and I knew that they would be sooooooooo good for a few minutes, then I would feel so bad, so I had one....and that was it.  For me, it's always a huge accomplishment to stay in shape, because food means so many things to me, it's not a simple relationship where I just pack my healthy lunches and it's easy......I have to untangle the emotions I have surrounding the food, and go from there.....

Anyway, it could have been so much worse, and I reigned myself in, because overeating really isn't a comfort, it's a punishment, and today I woke up feeling good, and light, and I'm going out for a walk with my doggies:)

stay gorgeous and healthy,

Megan

3 comments:

Leah ♥ said...

thanks for the encouraging words Megan! emotional eating is such a vice for me.

Megan said...

Of course! I think sometimes people look at me, and they can't imagine that I struggle with that, and I just want them to know that I do! It's so tough to have an emotional relationship with food, at the time, it feels so soothing, but it destroys all of the hard work I do everyday....and it's the way I do it that's unhealthy........I know sooooo many women that do this too, it's a very tricky thing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan! What a great post, it's good to know that a fit girl like u can have the same issues with food that some of us have, and it's also good to know that we can overcome that too! Love your blog you are an inspiration Barbie! :)
Alex!

Post a Comment