Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Volleypalooza .....playing for BBB ( Bless by Bless)




Sunday was such a fun day.......I got an invite to play on Bless's team (Bless By Bless Angels) at Volleypalooza.......a super fun event created by Bobby Dimarzo of Scene Magazine.  I haven't played Volleyball in years, and by years I mean since gym class in middle school, and even then I'm pretty certain that my gym teacher yelled at me a lot for how terrible I was.  That said, nothing was going to stop me from having a good time in the sun, and trying something new......so of course.....I said yes!    My dream neighbor Mr. Italy was kind enough to show me some Volleyball basics (with a football) the morning of the event.  We practiced in the hallway of our building, and let's just say the neighbors on the wall that I directed the volleyball into are probably not exactly thrilled with me right now:)


Such a great time, we practiced before the game (of course I was in 4 inch heels....so me!), had a great cabana to watch all the action, and won our first round.  The second round however, was brutal.....we played against a team of 20-25 year old six foot tall car valets....all male....who obviously did nothing but play volleyball, all the time.  They crushed us......whatever, our uniforms were wayyyyyy cuter!

I love trying new things and meeting new people, even if I have no idea of what I'm doing.  I'd rather make a fool of myself than miss out on the opportunity to make some new friends, and have fun!

Stay gorgeous and healthy!

Megan

1 comments:

Margot said...

You are toooo CUTE! I'm sure your uniforms were cuter . . . and 4" heels?? Wow, that's a real volley ball challenge!

Post a Comment