Sunday, June 27, 2010

Knowing who you are, and avoiding inappropriate questions......

Me and my (well not mine exactly) sweet Emmie

Have you ever noticed that people have a penchant for asking questions that perhaps they shouldn't?  Isn't it a funny thing when someone asks something, and you don't feel comfortable sharing the answer, but somehow you do, simply because you're honest, and they asked?  

I was talking to a friend recently, a lovely, smart ( and when I say smart, I mean writer, inventor, creator smart.......amazing) anyway, she told me that people often ask her why she doesn't have children, and that she feels that she should tell them why, because they may be judgemental otherwise.  I tripped over my words as I tried to tell her that she owed no one an explanation for the fact that she didn't have children, and that in fact, people who may judge, are the last ones that you need to try to pacify.  In the end, they will find a way to judge no matter what information you feed them.

Know your own truth, and worth, and beauty, and protect it always.  What you do, and say, and believe is your to share, or to keep close and protected by your heart.  Miss Manners would say the same.....and in fact I believe that she says that when one asks an inappropriate question, you may answer: I wouldn't feel comfortable answering........to (for very inappropriate questions) how dare you!  Honestly, some things are still sacred.................:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment