
June 24th is a day that will forever be a special day in my heart....three years ago, I was supposed to get married today......and I had planned and planned, and bought a beautiful silk ballgown....but something just wasn't right. You see, Mr. B, yes.......that's what we'll call him.....just never seemed to be happy with who I was. When he met me he was happy, and I was just being me.....silly, sweet, funny, sometimes irrational......a girl who loves makeup and lashes, but who is a tomboy at heart.
I found myself changing little by little, and eventually I just didn't quite feel like myself anymore.....have you ever just wanted to get along with someone so very much that you let go, really let go of what you wanted?
From some small, and hopeful place, I found a way to call it off. It was planned, and paid for, and ohhhhh such a hard thing to cancel.....and for a month after.....I felt sick. Strangely enough though, four weeks passed, and suddenly, I felt like a new person! I realized how wonderful it really is to be able to do what you want to do, even if that means doing absolutely nothing at all.
On top of it, I went on my bachelorette party to Miami and met D, a handsome, latin playboy, who wasn't Mr. Right (I'd say more of Mr. Wrong actually) but he invited me to spend the day on his yacht for my first "non wedding day" (love that!) and it was a beautiful day. Fresh cerviche on the boat in Miami, swimming with friends, and narrowly missing marrying the wrong person! That's what I call a great day........
You never know what's ahead of you in life, but to reach your full potential....be willing to let go of anything and anyone who doesn't believe in you....
Stay gorgeous, stay true and stay healthy....
xoxo,
Megan

2 comments:
The courage and strength that took...really inspiring.
I somehow just saw this post! And, I'm so very glad I did :) I needed to be reminded of this today. It is terrible to lose yourself isn't it? So glad you've got yourself back!
Post a Comment