my hotel room.....looked like this during my last photo shoot.....I think I'll always be a teenager!
Question:
What do you think of protein bars? ( I realized I have touched on this before, but I wanted to give a more thorough explanation...)
Answer:
I think that people rely way too much on protein bars, I hear a lot of people say that they eat them a few times a day instead of meals. I understand that they are convenient, and yes, I do pack them when I travel, simply because they keep in my suitcase or hotel room, and will obviously save me in a situation where there in NO OTHER OPTION:) Here's the thing though, they aren't wholesome and fresh like a real meal is, and they contain a bunch of creepy ingredients to keep them fresh. You aren't doing your body any favors if you constantly eat "fake foods" such as protein bars, and if you think that it won't show up in your skin, hair, and the way your body looks, you're mistaken. Not only that, but whole foods contain fiber, and will actually satisfy you, and keep you from overeating....protein bars will not do this, if anything, they'll taste so good that you'll eat one right after the other. The sugar alcohols that are in most proteins will also bloat you and upset your stomach, seriously don't eat one of these and throw on a bikini......trust me!
Anyway, my fitness coach Cathy Savage once said to me: only eat a protein bar if your other choice is fast food! I for one, still eat them more than she said to, but I do agree......they shouldn't be a habit.
Stay gorgeous and healthy,
Megan
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hahaha, I think we may be twins
The best part is..... think I had already neatened my room when that pic was taken!
Megan
Post a Comment