Monday, July 5, 2010

Living for today, not tomorrow.....


My birthday:)  So much fun with my family, and I had a Barbie cake like I always do......I'm still a big kid, and I have so much fun with it!



I'm going to let you in on a little secret......when people constantly reference tomorrow, they are not people who live in reality, and get things done.  You know one of the most important things that I have learned in my life?  Tomorrow may, or may not come.  I'm sorry, that may not be what you want to hear, but it's the reality of our lives, and if it's important.....I mean really important....the time to take action is now!  It's so easy to say that you will spend more time with your friends tomorrow, or start your diet tomorrow, or be a kinder person tomorrow, or whatever it is.....but it just may not happen, you see other things will always happen between now and then, there will be more obstacles and phone calls, bad weather and obligations......wade through the difficulties like a soldier....and GET AFTER IT.....if you want it........and you know what?  If you don't do it, no matter what you may say, then you just don't want it enough.  That's fine, but do not allow yourself the luxury of talking about it, or complaining.  

My mother had a rule that she engrained in me when I was growing up: We were allowed to complain about something three times, and after that.....we had to take action, if we didn't, no more complaining.  

Today is your day, and you are responsible for making your dreams, and daily goals, a reality......don't wait for someone else to do it for you.....it's all on you.

Stay gorgeous and healthy.....and get after it,

Megan






1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very inspirational...you are absolutely right. What you wrote definitely left me with a lot to think about. Keep up with the amazing entries :) Besos!
(P.S Hope you had a wonderful birthday!)

Post a Comment