Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Reader question: what's the best way to take weight off??

Reader Question:


Hey Megan . I've been heavy all my life. and been dieting off and on. I started back on dieting again. I was 267 and now I'm 238. It's so hard to keep it off. I lost 40 pounds and I put it back on after I had some things happen in my life. Is there any advice you could share? I don't want to take any pills or anything. Because then you'll just need them forever....... Trying to do it the natural way.  

How are you able to keep it all off and not worry about putting it back on? It's so hard. Doing it. I was hitting the gym. But it didn't seem to do much for me. 

My answer:

Hi there!  Thank you so much for writing:)  Ok, so here goes:  first of all, read my blog....there is a lot of good stuff here, and the tips and tricks apply to anyone and everyone that wants to watch their weight, men and women.  We live in a society where it's not easy to stay lean, portions are huge, fast food is everywhere, and it's just easy to give up sometimes!  But there's hope.

1.  Want it enough.  If you are going to lose weight, you have to want it, not just enough to complain, but enough that you are 10 out of 10 commitment wise.  There will be obstacles, challenges, and saboteurs, but you must remain strong and focused, and know that it will be hard, NOTHING GOOD COMES EASY.  

2.  Know that diet is 80 percent of your success.  People who work out and aren't seeing results are blowing their diet.  You need a scale, measuring cups and spoons, and a cabinet and fridge full of good, whole foods, not diet foods, real food.

3.  A sound exercise plan.  I know in your email you said you have an injury, so you need someone that can write a plan around it.  There are still many things you can do, and I for one don't do much cardio, and I think Cardio would irritate it the most.

So here is the thing.....keeping slim isn't ever easy for me, I always have to watch what I eat, plan my meals, and work at it, but it's worth it.  A great body is the one thing that money truly can not buy, you have to earn it, and find the disciple and desire in your heart.

Look through all of my blog posts, and google precision nutrition.  Order it.  It's good stuff, and if you want this enough, it will tell you everything about nutrition that you need to know to get the body you want:)  That's your first step, write me back and update me on your progress please.  I'm happy to answer more questions, but I want you to take that step first.  Just worry about the nutrition part right now.

Megan


0 comments:

Post a Comment