Lori "working the miracle":) on me!
Sarah Scotford http://www.sarahscotford.com/ brought racks and racks of clothing, shoes and accessories, and created one cool look after another, and it was so relaxing to have someone to take the stress out of what to wear. There were so many great combinations that I wouldn't have come up with myself, but loved. The girl actually has her own line of couture swimwear and it rocks. It held me in, and lifted me up in all the right places. May I also say that Paul has a RIDICULOUSLY gorgeous (and nice!) team? I felt hotter just by being near them, I'm just saying....:)
note that I am sweating....told you I get nervous!
I was excited, but also nervous going into the whole experience. One thing that people don't really see as part of my personality is that I get a little overwhelmed and shy sometimes. I think people see me on the outside, and they can't really understand why....but I was so very shy and awkward when I was a teenager, and never even thought for a split second that I was pretty......sometimes when I'm in a new situation, I feel that a little bit again.........I forget myself. From the minute I walked into the studio, Lori, Sarah, and Paul made me feel welcome, and helped me so much when I needed direction (which was all the time by the way!) The funniest moment was when we were doing a bikini shot....in the water.....and I was supposed to be sexy with the garden hose.....I was all kinds of awkward!
I'm laughing hysterically (and mortified) at the picture after.......lucky thing you can't see the moniter!
At that point I started freaking out a little, because it was just hard for me, I had to go a little out of my comfort zone, and risk looking foolish.....(oh I did look foolish.....Paul told me to drink from the garden hose, which I did.......but it wasn't pretty and everyone practically peed their pants laughing.......ohhhh Megan! Haha) ....that said we got some amazing shots from it, and after having the experience, I know that I could do it even better the next time.
After we were done shooting, Paul talked to me about really going for it when I model, and not holding back my movement, or my emotions....because when you hold back, and pose....there really isn't anything interesting or dynamic about the image. I know that I did better than at my last shoot, and sooo much better than the one before that ( and don't get me wrong.....I love the images) but I wish I could do it all again tomorrow, with the talk from Paul fresh in my head, because I think I really needed to hear that from someone. Living life with as much abandon and joy as I can possibly manage is what I want, and sometimes I tighten up the reigns out of fear of what people think.....it's so constricting, and I want to let that go.
He also brought up a really interesting point, perfection isn't really sexy, trying isn't really sexy....perfect hair....isn't really sexy.....there is an allure and a fire which you can only get by being authentic, by not trying......
He also brought up a really interesting point, perfection isn't really sexy, trying isn't really sexy....perfect hair....isn't really sexy.....there is an allure and a fire which you can only get by being authentic, by not trying......
Yum! Enjoying a Corona after the shoot, I sooooo earned this today!
That said though, I love the images, and feel like the day was one thousand times more productive and wonderful than anything I could have imagined. I definitely plan to shoot with Paul and his team again, and think that to a point, I'm spoiled now, because none of my past photos hold a candle to these.
Riding back in the taxi this afternoon I was thinking a little bit about my blog name Missfittgirl, and how appropriate it really is for me. I'm not quite ripped and lean enough to be a top fitness model, too teeny to be a fashion model, and too wholesome to be a glamour model......hmmmmmmm, I really am a bit of a missfittgirl. I'm okay with that though, as I have some fun aspirations to pass along my fitness and beauty wealth, and share my stories. Sometimes when there isn't a category in which you fit, you just might have to make your own.
Oh heyyyyyyy room service! I ended my day with some kids chicken nuggets and fries, choc cake and ice cream:) Back to healthy eating today:)
at the airport.....heading back to Boston!
The Photos in this post were taken by Paul (unless you count the very bad ones I took on my Iphone:), and are unedited........I'll post edits later:)
at the airport.....heading back to Boston!
The Photos in this post were taken by Paul (unless you count the very bad ones I took on my Iphone:), and are unedited........I'll post edits later:)







4 comments:
Megan your pictures are just beautiful. I am from Toronto and I was wondering who you were shooting with. Paul Buceta is so amazing. I have just seen his work. When you said where you were there was a Mary Kay convention I had to laugh because we passed that sign the other day as we live about 5 minutes from the Toronto International Airport.
You are such a great inspiration and absolutely stunning!
Ruby! I didn't know that you lived so close to him;). It was so wonderful to work with him and the girls at the studio, just a complete delight. I would recommend him so highly to anyone. I'm so glad that I inspire you, I just write from my heart, and it means so much to hear that you are inspired;)
Hi Megan! I want to thank you for posting the blog about the shoot with Paul Buceta!!! I live on Nantucket and I have photo shoot with him on August 13th. I'm SO excited AND nervous...all at once. Your post really helped me get an idea of what to expect and to just relax and have fun. Do you live in Boston?
Hi Jenny!
Thanks so much for taking the time to read, and respond to my blog. First of all you don't have to be nervous! Paul and his crew are amazing, and kind, and when you see the pictures after you will be floored with how amazing you look! There are so many great images from my shoot, I don't even know where to begin choosing. It was an experience that I will never forget, and I even think that I will want to shoot again with him in the future....
Yes I do:)
Megan
Post a Comment