Thursday, July 29, 2010

You're only beautiful because you believe you are....



When I was in college, a friend of mine looked at me, and gave me one of "those smiles", it was a smile that said: something that isn't so nice is about to come out of my mouth....She looked at me and said: you know you're only pretty because you think you are, you just make people believe you're pretty.  I was a little dumbfounded, and didn't really know what to say, but I looked at her and said:  Thank you, in a way, I guess that's better than actually being pretty, because I'll always be able to think myself pretty.

I know you hear it all the time, but so much of real beauty is what is on the inside.  If you look around, there are so many beautiful people, but sometimes the things that come seeping through from the inside, kill that beauty.  How you carry yourself, live your life, and treat your friends is all part of your beauty.....my little brother Ian used to say to me:  "my favorite part of you is that you don't act like a pretty girl, you are so nice to other people. "  he always said that it was a good thing that I grew up feeling awkward, because it made me a nicer person later.

Imagine yourself beautiful, and carry yourself that way.....let your inner kindness, thoughtfulness and energy help you to hold your head a little higher, and walk a little taller.  The dynamic and beautiful things which make up your character, make such a difference on your exterior.  In my life, people have said so many strange and often unkind things to me about my exterior....my jaw is too square, I'm short, my eyes are set close together.....but do you know something?  It really doesn't matter, because that isn't my true beauty or fire.....I'm pretty enough because of what's happening on the inside, how I live my life, and who I am.....these are all things that I will always have.  Think yourself pretty.......

4 comments:

Margot said...

What a great post! So full of wisdome and insight! I love it and you ARE beautiful!

Megan said...

Well hello mama! If I am beautiful.....inside or out, it is because you are my mom. I am so lucky to have you;)

Margot said...

Ooops . . . it's not so wise to misspell "wisdom" is it? I should be more careful!

MINAKICHU said...

You are more than pretty... You're beautiful and you have a wonderful personality!:-)

Post a Comment