Monday, July 26, 2010

Oh Canada!

The past few days have been something else!  My business at the salon has been out of control....wonderful, with really fun clients, and interesting  color corrections, and I have been packing, dieting, and preparing for a photo shoot in Toronto.  I always start to feel sad and guilty about leaving Teddy and Bella (my two, sweet dogs) especially because I get so busy in the last few days that I don't ever feel like I give them the attention they deserve.

I was walking to do my laundry in my building the other day , when out of an apartment that has been vacant for quite a few months, came a young guy.  I was surprised, and instantly asked if he had just moved in......I think the best part of the convo was when I glanced past him as we were talking, and my laser eyes spotted a delicious bowl of M & M's on his coffee table, and said "ooooooooooh M & M's!?!"  He said: " Yes, would you like some?" and I was like......"Nooooooo, but it's so good to know that they're there......!"  Sometimes I just have to laugh at myself for being such a goof.....who says things like that?:)  Anyway, we'll call him Mr. Italy (as he's from there) and he seems like he will be a great neighbor.  I miss the days when my best friend lived across the hallway from me, it always made my apartment building feel a bit like a dorm, or the set of Friends.........

Sunday morning was hectic!  I woke up early to shower and finish packing for my trip, then I took a taxi to Perfect Tan to get an airbrush tan by Brian Unger (the best at airbrush tans in the city) so it would be fresh for the shoot.  I was a bit like a flighty thoroughbred race horse as I ran from place to place, unable to relax until I got here.


Someone wants to go to Toronto with me, and also plans on bringing his fave blue alien toy......

I packed sweet potatoes, baked chicken (frozen), oatmeal and trail mix in a cooler to take with me to the hotel.  Sometimes it seems like too much trouble to pack all that food to bring with me, but I always feel so much better when I have healthy choices with me....If this were a regular trip and not a shoot however, I would just have a few things with me, definitely not the chicken and sweet potatoes:)

Leaving for the airport wasn't as bad as usual.....I always have an enormous amount of luggage ( I never said I was low maintenance) and my building has too many stairs, fortunately Mr. Italy was nice enough to help me with my ridiculous luggage, as well as to hail me a taxi.  Thank goodness for dream neighbors!

I made it to the airport in the nick of time ......I took this picture in the powder room...that's a reach for the ladies room...haha, but I'll take a mirror wherever I can get it:)  I look a little funny because I need to shower off the instant bronzer for my tan.......but it's still good:)

Oh hey delicious pink sugar treats.....I want all of you!!!!!

I'm at my hotel in Toronto now, relaxing until tomorrow when I shoot.  There is a huge Mary Kay Convention in the hotel, and the lobby is filled with so many delicious pink cupcakes, cookies and candies on a buffet table......Oh how I would love some!

1 comments:

Margot said...

You are sooooo Barbie! I like your new format, but would Barbie have used lavender or PINK! ;o)

Post a Comment