Thursday, July 1, 2010

The value of clothing that doesn't stretch.....



No room to over eat in this outfit:)  


I had a great conversation with one of my very bright, and introspective clients yesterday, and she said she had been doing some thinking, about when (according to her) her fitness levels had decreased.  She said that everything started coming undone when she began working from home, and no longer had to get dressed for work.

This insight really resonated with me, because I think that clothes serve as a better gauge for how you "look" than the scale.  Oftentimes when I am dieting, and working out hard, my body may not lose much weight on the scale, but my jeans fit more loosely, because I am loosing fat and gaining muscle.  It's really helpful to regularly wear clothes that don't have a lot of give, so you can remind yourself of what size you want to stay, or you would like to be again.  Exercise clothes can trick you into thinking that you look better than you do, because they have so much give.

I have a pair of True Religion jeans that have no stretch, and they tell me better than any scale, how my body looks.  If I'm starting to get the dreaded "muffin top"  I cut out dessert for a few weeks and add some jumping rope into my routine.  I know my tips are a little funny sometimes, but they are exactly how I have maintained my figure....and here's one:   When you are going out, wear something unforgiving.  Make it so that if you overeat, you'll actually be uncomfortable:)  I think that the key to success is understanding yourself, and knowing that you aren't perfect (no one is!) and anticipating where you may slip up with diet and exercise.  When I go out, I know that the urge to overeat is likely, so I plan ahead with my little tips and tricks.  Tomorrow I'll share my tips for staying on track when I visit my family:)

Stay gorgeous and healthy,

Megab

0 comments:

Post a Comment