Yesterday when I put on my swimsuit, and got ready for the beach, I took a second to really appreciate the positive things that lifting weights has done for me. Not only does it provide me with an emotional outlet, a mental discipline and a feeling of well....being strong, it had kept my body looking just like it did ten years ago, if not better. How we age is largely based on the way that we care for, and respect our bodies, and constantly challenging my body by lifting weights has allowed me to keep the muscle tone of someone in their early twenties......so that today, on my 34th birthday I can sport a bikini I bought ten years ago, and still feel great. I built this, I earned it, and I remain this way because it's important to me. It's not because of genetics, surgery, or and kind of unhealthy cheat....it's good old fashioned healthy diet and exercise, and I am really happy to feel so great at 34.
A few years ago after about a year of not working out, I made a trip to Miami and realized that my body didn't look the way it used to....I was skinny, but not fit. I weighed less than I do now, but somehow my body looked old to me. I watched other girls at the pool and thought: I used to look that way....I want a great body like that! And so I set out to get one, training, eating right, and with a goal in mind......and I'm so happy I did!
Stay gorgeous and healthy, and if you want it enough.....get after it!
xoxo,
Megan


7 comments:
hi Megan again I love your blog. You look absolutely amazing. Do you use anyone to help you with your training and nutrition? Congrats on your success on staying consistent with healthy eating and your training.
Hi Ruby:) It's always a pleasure to hear from you:) I am so happy that you enjoy the blog:) I follow the principles of precision nutrition for my eating....did you see the post that I did about the Gourmet Nutrition cookbook by them? It's delicious, and it gets (and keeps) you lean! For training, many times I write my own. I am actually about to launch a bigger website that will have so much more info and videos:) I bet you will really love it!
So inspiring Megan... I think that just convinced me to start incorporating weights into my routine :)
Yay! I'm going to send you some info Liza:)
Thank you Megan so much. I hope you enjoyed your birthday! I remember you mentioned Gourmet Nutrition cookbook..I will go back and read again about it. I am so excited about your website. Looking so forward to it!! Thanks for doing that. XXOO
You are soooo beautiful!!!
It's really awesome of you to share your knowledge and "know how" to help other reach their goals and show that hard work and dedication will pay off and deliver results.
Wow your gorgeous!!! :)
Thanks Jonomar, I really enjoy sharing what I know with other people, and if it helps to make their lives easier, then I am really happy!
Post a Comment